Holiday Madness - Some great deals this Black Friday and gift ideas

Shopping for the holidays can be a pain in the....you know. So much money is spent between thanksgiving, travel expenses, Black Friday, and Christmas gifts. As a college student every dollar that comes out of my pocket makes me cringe. But I learned that repeating "it's the thought that counts" in my head helps budget and get gift shopping done faster.

I made $150 work for me last year and I might be spending that this year too. lol. Little details like scarves, hats, socks, gloves are always great. Well, I enjoy getting smaller gifts. You can spend $5 at your local Charlotte Russe for a scarf and spend another $5 on some cute sunglasses. It makes a great gift for a daughter or sister. JcPenney always has great deals as well including $20 boots for women on Black Friday or holiday event. If you're shopping for a guy consider something like a long sleeve from Old Navy which is only about $10. 
A site I always keep a look out on is Groupon.com. A few good deals I saw on their if you're thinking about buying a couple of things for yourself or someone else are:

  • Acer Chromebook 15.6" Laptop for $124.99 (perfect for a student)
  • iPhone 6 and 6 Plus for $299
  • Christmas Spectacular show at Radio City $45 compared to the reg $76
  • Aduro AQUA Shower Speaker Bluetooth $8.99 
I was hoping to see more travel deals but I haven't yet. Their all-inclusive deals are great. But it's always first come first serve.  

As mentioned gifts are all about the thought. If anyone is complaining about your gift make sure you take them off your list next year. With about $150 you can comfortably get more than a few gifts. Also, if you see something on sale, BUY IT. You don't want to go back to buy it and it's gone. It also saves time if you're busy the days before the holidays. Store them away in your closet. 


Comments

Popular Posts