Get Over Your Anxiety

There’s nothing quite like feeling you’re going to die. Your heart is racing over 1000 beats per minute, your voice shakes when you try to speak and there is little oxygen in the room. That feeling will push you to stick your head out the window or even sit in front of a fan. Depending on the severity of your anxiety and the reasons behind it, it can become a part of who you are. As young adults and going into adulthood the bills pile up and thoughts just don’t stop. Am I on the right path? Is my career where it should be? Am I going to make enough this month to cover my expenses? Will I find a job?Will I meet a significant other this year?
Let’s be honest. A lot of us are unprepared for the real world. If it could be like MTVs Real World everyday it would be great. The reality of it is that in order to live comfortably money will always be a necessity. Especially in the United States. No way around it unless you've inherited a hefty fund.
If you’re dealing with anxiety it feels impossible to move forward.  You’re afraid to take steps that push you out of your comfort zone. Just remember you’re not alone. Personally, I learned that reminding myself "what has to get done must get done" helps. Whether its attending an interview or presenting a project, it will only last for so long. Take a deep breathe, drink some cold water and get it over with. 
I tend to speak fast when I am nervous so in the back of my head I am aware and slow myself down. When you talk slower you will sound more relaxed and comfortable. Even if you feel you’re having a heart attack inside and only want to finish.
Creating a list of your to-do’s helps organize your routine. Even if you're unemployed or have a hard time getting things done MAKE A LIST. When you complete a task, cross it off. It gives you a sense of accomplishment.
Even if it’s a little task like doing laundry then cleaning out your e-mail. Get into the rhythm of being productive in your professional or personal life.
My overall view is that anxiety is very common and real. It can make you feel like you're behind in life and complicate things. But it can also be used to motivate and train your mind. 







Comments

Popular Posts